Uni5 Meditation technique is a very simple systematic self-guided means of transcending to the Self-Awareness. Using the five fingers, one can self-remind the level of one's own Self-Awareness.
Thumb is the space element (Consciousness) that can flexibly touch the other four fingers as Air (Self-Awareness), Fire (Intelligence), Water (Mind) and Earth (body). Using the five fingers in Uni5 meditation (Consciousness/Awarefullness/mindfullness), one can effortlessly be Conscious of the state of One-Self.
Uniqueness of Uni5 Meditation: This is the most simplest Self-Guided meditation. You are Self-Aware of your own Self and also can Self guide to a state you want to be. Usually in meditation, one is caught with thinking thoughts and has to take effort to be focussed. It is natural that one slips into or lost in thoughts during meditation and totally be unaware of meditation. This is the most common problem in doing meditation. Some people then end up in sleep when they start to meditate. All these can be overcome by this energetically, totally Self-involved meditation technique.
Uni5 Meditation helps to overcome all the difficulties faced in meditation to a great extent by increasing Self-Awareness of the action you are doing.
Pre-Process: Do the super brain Yoga to refresh your BMIAC. Do minimum five sit-ups. Best 25 situps and if you can do 50, to a maximum of 108. Click for details here.
Sit comfortably, if possible cross legged on an insulated material like a blanket, wooden plank, mat, cotton cloth etc. You dont want your bioelectric current to be drained to earth, by being in contact with the floor.
1. Keep two hands on your lap, with fingers in uni5 posture (join index finger with thumb forming a circle).
2. Close your eyes, and be aware of your body. So now in both the hands, may your thumb and little finger form a circle. This is to make you aware that you are now in Body-Awareness/Consciousness state. You are free to feel your body sensations, movements, anything to do with the body. You can stay in this state as long you feel, watching the body. Best is less than a minute to few minutes.
3. Now without opening your eyes, change to ring finger forming a circle with thumb.Be aware of your thoughts and feel free to watch your thoughts arising. Dont hold on to anything and be dragged away. Just be aware of that you are watching the thought. Feel like you are watching your thoughts come and go, like sitting in a park and watching people come and go. You can stay in this state as long you feel. Best is less than a minute to few minutes.
4. Without opening your eyes, change to middle finger forming a circle with thumb. Now chant the short word (Mantra) silently within you. Be aware of this mantra you are chanting. Listen to the inner chanting of the mantra. You can stay in this state as long you feel. Best is less than a minute to few minutes. Chanting Mantra keeps the mind engaged into a focussing activity. You can use a mantra like "Maaa" ( Aaah is a Universal Sound which all new-borns produce...the "Mm" sound added gives the sound of "love, Mother or creative energy".
You can try with this mantra and if you feel, this meditation is easy for you, you can use the same Mantra or ask for a "Uni5 Mantra". Rather than Self initiation, mantra sound recieved from a teacher has a special effect. However to get initiated with a mantra from our teachers, mail toinfo (att) uni5 (dot) co with the subject "Need a Mantra". Give your telephone number and time to call. it will be a one minute call to give you the mantra instructions.
5. Again without opening your eyes, change to index finger forming a circle with thumb. Be aware of your breath going in and out. Initially you can take forced long breaths in and out , then let it slow down. But we aware of the breath only. You can stay in this state as long you feel. Best is 5 to 10 minutes.
Dealing with distractions: In between if you hear an external sound and got a thought, then change the finger to the ring finger and begin the same process from that level. Any distraction in the mind is not a problem, just stop the process you are doign tobegin from the begnining based on the distraction you got. if it was a thought, then start from ring finger and then it is connected to a sound then start from little finger.
As days goes by, you can quickly switch between states and be totally control of it and also can extend the same pattern to deal with life activities in a similar fashion.
This is a Journey to you own Self-Awareness. You shift gears from body to mind and then to intelligence. These are similar to the three gears systems in a car. You start the car moving from the first gear to the second and then to the third. When there is interference in the road, you quickly apply the brakes and then down the gear to the slowest level and start the process again.
This meditation is exactly like driving a car. Through this meditation you learn to drive all your inner faculties properly and avoid accidents in life.
Through Uni5 meditation you take control of your life , with complete Self-Awareness. Click for the gear system animation.
1.You will generate Self- Awareness Energy, which you can divert to solve any problem in your life. Example, you cna use it to heal your body. Many diseases can be healed in this process along with other supplementing treatments (when you dont have enough of this Energy generated).
2. You will control your emotions better, thoughts better, stay focussed in your work.
3. Your intelligence will be sharp and you will perform good at work or studies.
4. Your Self-Awareness deepens. Good for your internal evolution. You will have completeness, satisfaction and acceptance of the inner and outside reality. This will lead you to do right action at right time with complete awarness to make a change in you first and then in the outside world.
5. You will unify yourself with this Cosmos as One entity, the highest state one can attain!
Initiation: In all our Sakthi Centers, our trained teachers will help you with this technique.
You are free to use your own mantra and start the Uni5 meditation, minimum one time, ideal twice, best thrice, good four time and excellent five times a day. Each time 5 to 10 minutes.
However to get initiated with a mantra from our teachers, mail to info (att) uni5 (dot) co with the subject "Need a Mantra". Give your telephone number and time to call. it will be a one minute call to give you the mantra instructions.