TOPIC:

Performing Sandhya 7 years 6 months ago #1319

• neelima
  • neelima's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
@Muthu

I guess when sitting in Meditation calmly the ONE is being with itself and that is peace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Performing Sandhya 7 years 6 months ago #1320

@Neelima

If you understand ONE is everything, then ONE is being itself in peace with everything, so the question of sitting alone doesn't come. If it is alone, then it is not the ONE.

This sitting along is a kind of excuse which the ego gives and try to create a scene that ONE is only inside YOU and it is not outside.

Your intelligence knows that the ONE is inside YOU and outside YOU.

Performing Sandhya 7 years 6 months ago #1321

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Muthu
Right, I agree that the ONE is inside and outside.

But my question is during performing rituals or chanting so many mantras, reading hurriedly as there is less time just because we are asked to read... that act doesn't interest me and feel wastage of time. Instead spending time in isolation in front of God thankfully with pure heart without any expectations gives lot of closeness with him and there is more eagerness to spend longer time this way.

Performing Sandhya 7 years 6 months ago #1322

@Neelima

As I mentioned the procedure involved in performing is not the utmost importance, the objective is the utmost important. It doesn't matter if you add salt at the end or at the beginning, if you can still get the tasty food done, that's all it matters.

The purpose of the rituals is to feel the closeness to the ONE, so if it can be achieved by isolating, or by chanting mantras, or by doing seva or by cooking etc etc. keep doing it.

All this isolation, doing seva, chanting mantras etc., are all called rituals (procedure). This is what I mentioned the rituals are needed to feeling closeness to the ONE. The term RITUALS doesn't mean you should only chant mantras, all day usual activities becomes rituals if it is performed while connecting to the ONE.

So I would recommend do things which makes YOU feel close to the ONE. But there is a caution in this way of performing rituals also, like you mentioned "THE ACT DOESN'T INTEREST ME AND FEEL WASTEAGE OF TIME". This is the statement of discrimination from an individual's ego. So be aware when something says "I LIKE THIS, I DON'T LIKE THIS", this might give an illusion you are close to the ONE, but it is actually a hindrance to go close to the ONE. This is the JUDGEMENTAL ASPECT of the intelligence level. When this happens remind that you are still in intelligence level and push it towards the awareness level.

When something says "I LIKE EVERYTHING", stick on to that, this is the awareness level, that is what is going to take close to the ONE.

Last edit: by muthuksundaram.

Performing Sandhya 7 years 6 months ago #1324

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@muthu
Thank you for pointing my mistake and your guidance to move into awareness level.I would definitely keep these in mind while performing my daily activities in life.

Performing Sandhya 7 years 6 months ago #1325

@Neelima

Thank you for the opportunity by bringing this up discussion and make me to remind myself.

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds