• Page:

TOPIC: Sabarimala Pilgrimage

Sabarimala Pilgrimage 8 years 1 month ago #437

• Uni5
  • Uni5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
This page is about to discuss about Sabarimala. We can discuss about the pilgrimage to Sabrimala here. Various information about the why we do certian rituals in sabrimala are given in this link.

http://uni5.co/index.php/why-pilgrimages/what-is-the-importance-of-going-to-sabarimala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Sabarimala Pilgrimage 8 years 1 month ago #440

Wow, it is mind blowing to know such a deeper meaning hidden in this ritual of visiting Sabarimala..I wonder why Women are not given this kind of opportunity to experience this bliss by this ritual?

Re: Sabarimala Pilgrimage 8 years 1 month ago #441

@Neelima

To understand Sabarimala Pilgrimage we need to understand the deity details "Ayappa"

Below is my perception, please feel free to correct because I'm not good in terms

Ayappa is an end product of awareness aspect of Shiva and Vishnu. There is no manifestation energy involved in Ayappa's production. So Ayappa denotes a combination of Shiva and Vishnu awareness aspect (Just Pure Awareness).

Awareness aspect of consciousness is denoted as Male form (Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma) and Manifestation aspect of consciousness is denoted as Female form (Parvathi, Lakshmi, Saraswathi)

The above point can be easily understood by understanding how a physical human body is formed. Where the trigger is the male form (Sperm triggering the egg) and the action is done by female form (producing the physical body)

To be going for this Pilgrimage the individual practices to remove his/her identity and realize the awareness aspect of Shiva (black) or Vishnu (Blue). They wear black or blue dress to remind themselves everyday and every second.

The individual can have male or female physical form. The awareness aspect doesn't belong only to male physical form. It is just the aspect. Every physical form has awareness in them and they have the right to do any kind of rituals.

Currently this message has been taken completely on the body level (Physical form) as only male physical form has the ability to go to this pilgrimage. It is a pity to see that these beautiful rituals are done merely at body and mind level.

So Neelima, understand and perform this ritual at awareness level at home considering your pooja room as Sabarimala. There is nothing equivalent to that.

There are few of them in the society who merely look rituals at body level and mind level and give lame excuses. So don't worry about those points.

At body level Sabarimala is just mountains and forests. If you still want to enjoy the physical mountain and forest and feel the aroma then you need to buy ticket for this tour and follow the rules produced by the ticket counter people.

You have 3 options

Option 1 - To see 2D movie (Perform this ritual at body level and enjoy visiting sabarimala to take pictures and keep in memory)

Option 2 - To see 3D movie (Perform this ritual at mind level and enjoy visiting sabarimala after 50 years, so that you can be enter the temple and have satisfaction)

Option 3 - To see 4D movie (Perform this ritual at awareness level and enjoy it anywhere with the un manifested feeling)

Swamy Saranam.

Last edit: by Uni5.

Re: Sabarimala Pilgrimage 8 years 4 weeks ago #449

@Muthu
I understand the three options to experience the bliss but I just realized the answer for my question. May be what I feel is since women cannot follow these strict practices during their resting period of five days of the month, they might have been excluded from this ritual..

As far as my understanding after reading this article, Lord ayyappa represents all the three aspects,Vishnu witnessing i.e. the Consciousness (Sath),Shiva in action i.e. Awareness (Chit) and the Bliss (Ananda) where the witnessing finally leads to.Therefore Lord Ayyappa is called as Sath-Chit-Ananda.

Re: Sabarimala Pilgrimage 8 years 3 weeks ago #451

@Neelima

What kind of strict practice needed for this ritual? I don't see any strict rules in this ritual.

For example how about a male physical form very sick and exhausted than the 5 days of Ritu effect which a female form undergoes. Are these sick male physical forms excluded from this ritual?

These kind of reasons are for individuals who look into the rituals at the body level to fulfill their physical needs.

I have personally told my wife even when she is in Ritu she is free to light lamps and do pooja. This message will be carried to my daughter also. During Ritu the female need to do more spiritual practice than just mere physically resting. It is a wonderful opportunity for them to be a witness while physically resting. Understand the conversation between Gandhari and Draupadi during the disrobing event, whre Drupadi was in Ritu stage.

Yes you are right about Sath-Chit-Ananda. When only two aspects of awareness (Shiva and Vishnu) is the reason for producing Ayappa, it will be Ananda only.

But this term Sathchitanananda doesn't belong only to Ayappa form. For Vaishnavas this term is used for Vishnu, in Mahabaratha Krishna is referred with this term, Rama was also referred with thie term.

So Sath-Chit-Ananda is the term used for the state of the deity, not the deity. Ayappa is in the state of Sath-Chit-Ananda. This state is universal and only with complete awareness any being can attain this state.

Last edit: by Uni5.

Re: Sabarimala Pilgrimage 8 years 3 weeks ago #454

@Muthu

In my opinion, it won't be a good idea to pray and lit light in front of God when our body is excreting its waste material.Apart from that, thinking about God all the time and feeling the presence of God in every aspect of life is a great thing to do.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds