Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Rituals are for Transformation.

TOPIC: Is it beneficial to wear rudrasha, gem stones etc?

manthras chanting 7 years 10 months ago #957

can inner awareness be increased with chanting manthras? what type of mantra is good to chant? i am a Sirdhi Sai Baba follower and i chat guru manthras. Is that sufficient or do i need to chant other manthras too? which is the best mantra to chant?

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: manthras chanting 7 years 10 months ago #958

• Uni5
  • Uni5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
Yes chanting mantras do increase inner awareness. The choices of mantras matters only when the objective of using mantras is for benefits other than increasing mantras. This we call functionality of mantras. Thus for various benefits, different manthras are used.

If used for increasing awareness, usually a Guru will initiate according to 'Ishta Devatha". This means the likingness to one form form. Example if some one likes the shiva form, then a shiva mantra is prescribed. If Vishnu then vishnu mantra etc.

Guru manthra itself is done with no other objective , but for awareness, that itself is enough. (Read Muthu's comments too for explanation of this aspect).

Re: manthras chanting 7 years 10 months ago #963

In spiritual science research foudation they mention about chanting Sree Gurudev Data a few minutes before chanting female deity ( kuladevathai name) not necessarily female goddess name. I am bit confused here . Should i chant Ishta Devatha name? please explain this sir/madam.

Which manthras is for inner happiness, bliss and prosperity ?

thank you

Re: manthras chanting 7 years 10 months ago #971

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Kula devatha is the Energy that governs a family tree. This could be a female goddess or a male god.

When we apply for a passport in any country, the government official will quickly issue it if it is approved by the local officer (village , town or county or taluk). The same way our prayers (requests) are granted if the family deity Energy is used (saves time).

This is why five levels of prayers (mantras) are instructed for effective results.

1. Prayer to the Guru
2. prayer to ancestors
3. Prayer to the Kula Devatha
4. prayer to the Ishta devatha.
5. Prayer to the kaarana Devatha (specific functionality, example specific devathas, Nava-grahas, pancha-bhoothas etc for education, prosperity, health, etc etc)

It might sound confusing if I say, Ishta devatha, Kula devatha, kaarana devatha are all one and the same, like the central and state officers are all the same Government.

When we are focused on desired material prosperity (kaama karmas), all these should be done like getting things done through specific department government officials.

If we do Nish-kaama Karma (no likes and dislikes, but pure Consciousness), then there are no officers involved.

Hope this is clear.

Re: manthras chanting 7 years 10 months ago #972

In spiritual science research foudation they mention about chanting Sree Gurudev Data a few minutes before chanting female deity ( kuladevathai name) not necessarily female goddess name. I am bit confused here . Should i chant Ishta Devatha name? please explain this sir/madam.

Which manthras is for inner happiness, bliss and prosperity ?

thank you

Re: manthras chanting 7 years 10 months ago #973

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
please see answer above.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds