Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Does right and wrong, good and bad matter?
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Why karma? 9 years 4 months ago #1027

• naran
  • naran's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i am trying extremely hard to promote healthy eating. however i'm constantly made fun of and treated with scornful attitude.

the attitude is what is there to achieve? nothing. what's the big deal you're the only one who raises these questions. there are more useful things to do. these are all useless matters. the attitude comes from family, businesses, regular people and surprisingly the women.

i have no idea where this attitude comes from. it is almost like a giant force that is hard to overcome and is so almost hateful. the attitude is why spend all this time when you can simply earn a very high salary and then buy whatever food you want. there is nothing to be gained from home cooking. its a waste of time and time is money. in fact you can eat out comfortably instead of fixating on what type of dal to use. why not even hire cook, why bother with all these silly things. kanji and all these village foods, these are all low class foods. they're not modern and efficient in their methods. money is what matters most. why can't i talk about more sophisticated topics like technology, knowing how to use ipad etc. i'm even made fun of for the books i read.

what i can't understand is why shakti isn't helping me. i keep asking her to help me.
i feel its all these forces vs me. i wish she could convince these people that eating nutritious food is important. its not useless low level things. and why they keep saying words like lay person or low class. where is this coming from?

i just don't understand why when a devotee struggles why shakti isn't coming
why she isn't intervening? she shouldn't allow people to do all these things...
especially the harmful things to nature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Why karma? 9 years 4 months ago #1028

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
The reality of our life is that there is no single view, but different views of people at different levels. Truth is not a view, but universal law.

People have different opinions based on their levels of view.

There are five levels of views. Body level, our emotional personal level, intelligence or logical level, awareness level and consciousness level. Example, is drinking alcohol is good or not?. A body level person says it is so good. A mind level person says it helps to forget pain. An intelligent level person says it prevents heart disease in moderate amount. An awareness level person says it is bad because it prevents clear thinking.

So an physical level and an awareness level person have conflict on the use of alcohol. But people at same level will agree each other's view. Example, a physical level and physical level person will agree with each other. So is an emotional and emotional level person or awareness awareness level individuals all have agreement. Only two different levels people have conflicts.

This holds good for parents and children relationship. A parent is in intelligent level and telling things good for the child. But the child is at emotional level, which means the child is looking at its likes and dislikes. This create conflict between the parent and child.

This is similar to other views also. But at mind and mind level with two different likes and dislikes conflicts come, because two people believe in two different things and they create war. All religious wars are based on belief's of two people. Not only religious, any beleif aspect, there is a conflict.
But at level of Truth, there is no conflict. it is Unviersal and same at all times.

So when you explain about health, you are at intelligent level and so some body at body level or emotional level will not understand you and make fun of you.

Understand who makes fun of you from the below chart and see how their arena of view is. The one in the lower level cannot see the arial view of the one in top. As we go higher we get higher view of life.

This is like people standing in a five storey building. A person in the ground level cannot have a complete aerial view of the city. He can only see what he sees from that level and is foolish to criticize what the fifth person's view of the city, because he fails to know his limitation.

The one in the fifth flour will definetly a wider or complete view of the city of life. He also at the same time knows the the limitation of ground floor person's view of the city. Who is right and wrong depends on the level of viewing it.

Regarding the question about Sakthi or God does not do anything, because God Consciousness is unconditional. It is the Energy which itself conditioned consciousness that make changes.

Consciousness / Sakthi is unconditional and does not bother what any body does. It only gives the results of actions. If the energy is disturbed it tries to buffer it and then changes the whole process.

So Consciousness does not care if people harm nature (Energy). It is Energy that has inherent laws of results of actions, and when goes beyond control then brings ways to regulate actions of nature.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Uni5.

Re: Why karma? 9 years 4 months ago #1029

• naran
  • naran's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i read what you wrote, but i don't understand...why i have to suffer for others karma? if others did the right thing then i won' t have to suffer for their karma. their karma also affects me. karma just doesn't affect the person who is the cause of it, it also affects all those around them. so what is better is if this karma just doesn't happen to begin with because the ripples affect us all.

some examples, let's say
if a man drinks and gets drunk and wife tries to stop this, and he beats her,
she suffers for his karma. so do the children. if a female constantly hides her disabled child away, like many did in india, to promote image, and the sibblings speak out against this, and she says oh i'm parvathi i'm a mother you can't challenge me, and then beats them, then the children suffer for the mother's karma and its not their fault. when people are producing poisonous foods and children are developing birth problems, we all suffer for the bad actions of others and its not our fault it is the producers of food who is at fault. we trusted them they abused our trust. in situations like this devi has to intervene.

why devi allows bad things to occur and is not intervening? despite so many pleas for help. and despite all my efforts to fight for good. i have done my part, devi can't say i didn't do anything, i have, i'm still a human so i'm limited. still i fight as hard as i can. still why devi can't come and set things straight and stop these bad forces? i tried, i did my part. (this is pertaining to so many other things which i won't mention).

we worship avatars of vishnu. he comes whenever an asura goes out of control. what about avatars of devi, she came as durga because the asura went out of control. even muruga came when the asura went out of control. even mookambika came, when the asura kept asking for boons all the time and was going out of control with that.

even vishnu came and shielded the cow from the blow of an axe by taking the blow, and that is one reason i heard he has the namam on his forehead. that mark is the line of an axe. now in india the native breed cows dwindling and are so ill treated. and naturally this treatment is how the society is behaving towards people themselves if they are not economically productive enough, esp. females.

even see the tamil movies these days, people are wishing for avatars to come. that movie anniyan. i didn't watch it because it was too graphic, yet this is what people are writing n. even the old tamil movies so many were made on avatars to come and defeat the bad forces.

so why she doesn't intervene i can't understand this.

Re: Why karma? 9 years 4 months ago #1030

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
If we look at our body , if the tongue tastes a bad food, the whole body suffers. can the liver say why should I suffer for the mistake tongue did. This is because we are all cells in cosmic body.

We will suffer bad karma for other's mistakes because we are all are connected nit at body level but at Awareness consciousness level. If a terrorist bombs, so many innocent people who are not connected with terrorism also is affected. This is why we all have to work for common good. If we want to have a good life, we all should work together. More selfless actions happens, world ia a heaven. if selfish actions takes more, then it is hell.

You are right , men and women do all the bad things due to lack of awareness. This is why are helping to promote right awareness of living.

why devi allows bad things to occur and is not intervening
? Devi is not a female sitting in a place in a red sari and controlling everyone. She is the Energy dwelling in all of us. When that Energy is at body level, then we see demonic actions, When it is at mind level, we do more emotional actions. When energy is at intelligence level, we do creative work. When it is at awareness level, we do actions to overcome karma.

So it is we who are soley responsible for happiness and suffering and no one else. No God other than our Awareness and Consciousness responsible for this creation, life and death.

Vishnu is the symbol of cosmic intelligence. This is why he is called Avatar. An avatar is at the executive officer level. see details in God and Constitution .

Hope now you understand who that calls God as a person, does not answer. But as Cosmic law, the Cosmic Energy reciprocates with its own laws.

The Nan Kadavul movie explains this very clearly.

When the blind (heroine?) girl is brutally beaten and disfigured by the villain, she asks the Hero the question, why none of the Christian , Muslim or Hindu Gods did not rescue her?. This statement gives an impression that the Movie tends to be atheistic by questioning the very basic belief of all religions that there exists a God that is protective and compassionate. If such a God exists, then why should many innocent people suffer and why not God save them?

Last edit: by Uni5.

Re: Why karma? 9 years 3 months ago #1031

my 2 cents to the disussion..

1) we should only advice those who love and respect us, Sri Krishna preached Gita to Arjuna rather than Duryodhana though he needed it more than Arjuna, who was in sakha bhakta with krishna (sakha is one among 9 bhakti paths)
2) law of karma is copyright of God and no one has understood it fully. Our present situation in this life is just a dot on the infinite line of rebirths, without knowing(realising??) the line end to end it is not worth to question karma.
There is a sloka in bhagavata meaning of which is "God is beyond creating, dissolution and sustenance and he was before all these. Even yogi's performing greatest tapas for ages havent understood him completely. He knows exactly what is good for each and everyone of us. What is the use if you thinking why certain situation is in that way.
3) Spiritual en devour gives maximum pleasure (Ananda) at the same time it is the toughest path it is like walking on a sword. Like poison is the first thing which came out while churning ocean walking on this path gives just confusion, frustration, in the beginning. Only those who can sustain it successfully can go further ahead. But if we put one step near god he puts 10 steps.

excuse me if i have diverted from the main topic..

regards
Govind

Re: Why karma? 9 years 3 months ago #1032

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Dear Govind
nice that you gave your view.

Naran is a representative of many who raises the question, why God does not interfere when bad things happen.

So great sages who could transcend into the Consciousness state understood the Truth of Karma have given to mankind how this karma acts. But as human beings we exercises our choices to pick up the aroma of soap or flavor of toothpaste or color of saree from the store, we also exercise our own choices to understand the Universal Truth. Based on that we will understand the reality or Truth.

1. If we always have an understanding that the advice is never for a second person, but only to our own self, then we dont need to get upset with other's comment. Feel that it is our own Ego's comments that we are getting from outside. This reality will not make us depressed or sad.

2. Because we are so hard in intellect, we cannot accept the reality that we are not in control of our own life. To get that dissolved, we suggest the Truth that, then understand the fact that we are responsible for our suffering. But our Ego is cunning. When we are successful we brand we are in control of our lives and God (Consciousness) has no role. When we fail, then we blame others or fate. This dual act of Ego is highly dangerous.
Here is where Karma theory is brought in to trap the Ego and make it understand that you can only live one principle and take in the results of the action and cannot slip into either of the two modes conveniently.

3. God as Consciousness is always there and needs to take any steps. For a emotional person we have to tell that God takes steps towards us. But in reality how can Space take over us , when we are "only" in SPACE, eternally.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries