Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Food and Rituals 6 years 5 months ago #1834

The right time to have your breakfast is in between 7-9am, whole night the stomach is empty so we have to break the fast. Right type of food is carbohydrates.

But most people have tea first in the morning.

My question is what about the people who give important to rituals, whole heartedly, I am not just mentioning mechanically. They don't eat anything unless they complete their prayers, it may be late in afternoon also.

They are connected to their SAL energy, which gives them energy to sustain.

Will it not effect them if they eat late brunch, rice dal like complete lunch, may be at 11am.

Normally if we don't give breakfast in the morning, the stomach acids and bile enter into the system and blood turns acidic and it may lead to various disorders, so to maintain body pH again calcium from bones take a role.

I tried to convince this but they give important to rituals, they are happy.
What would you suggest them.
I have advice to take Atleast herbal teas like mint, ginger, lemon, drumstick leaves etc. with jaggery. In fact there are also doing water therapy. So this gives energy for them, they are Atleast following this, I suggested them to have soups, porridge, ragi ambali etc. they feel it like food because of carbohydrates, and compare it to rice so avoids them.

Please give your comment on this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Food and Rituals 6 years 5 months ago #1835

• Uni5
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
The right time to have your breakfast is in between 7-9am,... But most people have tea first in the morning.
Tea/coffee drinking habit started with the British culture. I interviewed many old folks and they said tea drinking started in late 1960,s and 1970's. It is not a healthy practice especially drinking tea with milk.

My question is what about the people who give important to rituals, whole heartedly, I am not just mentioning mechanically. They don't eat anything unless they complete their prayers, it may be late in afternoon also.

You are absolutely right from the intellectual point of view. But from Self-Awareness point of view, through rituals they have transcended above the body to their happy mind state. In mind-body connection, if the mind is irritated and anxious, acid will secrete and harm stomach causing ulcers. So at work, when people skip meals they do get ulcers because work is mandatory. Rituals are obligatory and so ulcers dont develop.

Will it not effect them if they eat late brunch, rice dal like complete lunch, may be at 11am.

From old folks I understand that before British India, people ate fermented rice between 5 to 6 AM. Then they eat lunch at 10.30 to 11 AM. Dinner at 6 to 7 PM. In 1970's, from city when I visited my village for vaccation, I was surprised to see this eating habit there. Now I understand this is the most healthy way because it was in tune with solar timings.

Normally if we don't give breakfast in the morning, the stomach acids and bile enter into the system and blood turns acidic and it may lead to various disorders, so to maintain body pH again calcium from bones take a role.
Blood turns acidic to a larger extent by eating processed foods and by skipping meals to a smaller extent.

I have advice to take Atleast herbal teas like mint, ginger, lemon, drumstick leaves etc. with jaggery. In fact there are also doing water therapy. So this gives energy for them, they are Atleast following this, I suggested them to have soups, porridge, ragi ambali etc. they feel it like food because of carbohydrates, and compare it to rice so avoids them
You are creating excellent awareness in them. Great!. From many villagers I found that rice was also used seasonally like they ate other grains and millets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries