Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Fermentation and Health 8 years 4 months ago #1171

@Sakthi

Does our skin contain healthy bacteria? Can we use the fermented rice even till afternoon? Won't it have bad effect like that of left over food or old foods?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Fermentation and Health 8 years 4 months ago #1172

• Uni5
  • Uni5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
As I wrote earlier, we are a bacterial body and not a human body in terms of quantity of cells. Our skin do contain healthy bacteria keeping our skin in good condition. when the skin bacteria is disturbed then we get skin infections.

An Indian lady complained that the idli's she makes does not come good. I asked her to describe the way she does. She mixes ground urid dal and ground rice with a spoon and not with hand. She is in USA and naturally the concept of cleanliness is without any Viveka.

I said the hand bacteria makes the idli taste better and soft. She tried and she said amazingly her Idli was good.

The fermented idli batter or yogurt if allowed too much time will turn sour but not bad. Sour is because that lacto bacillus bacteris grew too much and secreted lactic acid in higher amounts. This is not bad for health but is not tasty. A food is bad when unhealthy bacteria or unwanted bacteria or fungus grows inj food. That causes food poisoning. So food poisoning is different from fermentation, though both are increased bacterial growth in food.

Same way fermented rice if kept for a longer time, is not bad, but not good to taste. So we keep for enough time for both health and taste.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neelima

Re: Fermentation and Health 8 years 3 months ago #1232

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Must the rice be drained after it has been fermented?
Not needed, infact, that water contains millions of healthy bacterias. Do not warm it above room temperature and kill the bacteria.

Re: Fermentation and Health 8 years 2 months ago #1244

• Byron123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can we do Fermented meals going on a fast for few times say One week or so just like Honies and orange Normal water going on a fast or juice going on a fast with the item to improve the gut plants and then get back to frequent food?

Re: Fermentation and Health 8 years 2 months ago #1247

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yes that will help. Remember your gut is like exactly like farming. In farming, weeds need to be continously be removed. It is not just a week practice. of course for one week if you remove all weeds , then the plant you want to farm will grow good, but slowly the weeds will pop up.

Honey orange and water just may not change normal gut flora. You need really herbs, castor oil to get good gut flora.

Fermentation and Health 6 years 2 months ago #1954

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Sir,

Can you please clarify whether the fermented rice can be had during pregnancy to improve the gut health ? Can you please offer suggestions ? I find your site very helpful.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries