TOPIC:

Steps to realize the Self 8 years 4 weeks ago #1211

• neelima
  • neelima's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
"Thousand mile journey starts with the first step"

Please guide how a spiritual aspirant needs to move forward in achieving his goal. Which are the steps to be taken for an ignorant beginner?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Steps to realize the Self 8 years 4 weeks ago #1212

@Neelima

The way I see as a starting point is "Understanding and realizing that I'm ignorant and my cup is empty", then the aspiration of learning comes. This will be lead a spiritual student to move forward.

Then there are only one two more steps "LEARNING" and "IMPLEMENTING"

Steps to realize the Self 8 years 4 weeks ago #1215

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Muthu

Okay.
Could you please be specific on to what is to be learnt.

Steps to realize the Self 8 years 3 weeks ago #1223

@Neelima

"What to be learnt"? The answer is "Whichever an individual feel he/she is ignorant about".

I know these answers are not specific. But that is how Spirituality works. Spirituality is customized for every individual.

Spirituality is not just as portrayed in the current society as just reading religious books, performing rituals, praying, performing yoga, performing thapas etc etc etc. Spirituality is much much more broader than that. Spirituality is everything.

Below is a part of a post from the Anti Biotic forum

Body Level - Writing
Mind Level - Advising
Intelligence Level - Teaching
Awareness level - Learning
Conscious Level - Knowing

At intelligence level an individual comes to know he/she is ignorant after trying all the logical thinking. Then there are only 2 steps left, Learning and Implementing (Knowing)

So for your question.

Step 1 - An individual understand's he/she is ignorant by being in BODY, MIND and INTELLIGENCE LEVEL

Step 2 - An individual starts learning by becoming AWARE

Step 3 - An individual starts IMPLEMENTING by LIVING FOREVER.

Is it confusing enough :)

Steps to realize the Self 8 years 3 weeks ago #1224

• neelima
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Muthu

It is not at all confusing but you could have given some practical examples of conquering our Ego(I & Mine).

For example, this has happened recently with me. One day my husband was supposed to come home at 5.00 pm to drop my daughter for her tennis class. He didn't come,waited till 5.15...5.30..then tried calling him, he didn't lift his mobile too.This never happens usually.

I was so much aware about the feelings and thoughts that were appearing in my Mind. I was just observing my Mind getting restless because of the similar situation once occurred last year when he had minor accident while snow trekking at that time.

But this time, it was just a meeting in his office which he thought would get over by 4.30 but went on till 6.00 pm.

Here I very well understand, every thing has to end one day and I am prepared for that too.Also I also understand that there is nothing like Husband and it is just a manifestation of the Consciousness and performing his role as my husband. He I was aware of my Ego, the attachment feelings and tension but still know it is not real.

So being aware, how do I rise above these feelings and get undisturbed? I here understand that it is just like a Movie and I should just observe and not get involved into the character.

But after all this, I was calm and didn't show any feelings when he came back home but only Neelima knew what role and action she performed in her character.

When we are being aware, who is it being aware is it the real I or the character false I?

Steps to realize the Self 8 years 3 weeks ago #1225

@Neelima

These kind of situations happens pretty much in every family. You have handled pretty good. After the incident you need to thank your husband to help you observe yourselves by creating this incident.

This is exactly what Shiva does for Sakthi. Shiva does the act in which Sakthi seems suffering to increases Sakthi's awareness and at the end Shiva tells it is all his play.

This has happened to me when my wife doesn't pick the phone. Initially I get angry and worried about these situations. But later understood that these worry and angry are due to extra attachment which I have towards a character. This understanding was given to MUTHU via the wife character. Here the wife becomes Shiva and I become a Sakthi.

The emotions which we go through during these situations are fine, nothing to worry about it. But eventually what did we learn from these situations is the utmost important.

For example when we send a kid outside (either to school or play or ..), usually parents say, please be careful. Why do they need to say "CAREFUL" because they are worried if something bad might happen to the child. None of the parents would want something bad to happen to the child, so where does this thinking of "SOMETHING BAD MIGHT HAPPEN" came from. This is because of the extra attachment towards the character.

At intelligence level it is clear our life is shaped by our thoughts. So if we have a negative thought it is going to manifest for sure when the character remains at the intelligence level.

I have seen in my personal life many of my unnecessary thoughts has manifested. For those actions to happen, I accepted that the whole reason is this "Unaware I". All those incidents helped me to increase the awareness. So all the characters which were involved in those actions become Shiva and I become Sakthi.

Once we shift the gear to awareness level, we can see the speed at which the thought arises is slow. There is usually a firewall (Awareness/Shiva) checking inside to make sure the thought doesn't have the factor so called "Worry or Fear or Attachment". Once this becomes a practice then it becomes habit and then becomes reality for the character.

Next time when any such incidents happen, keep observing yourselves more, you will see the unnecessary thoughts will stop rising, which will lead to acceptance. Like if your husband is coming late, he is late, nothing can be done about that.

Here at this awareness level it is complete contradictory from the Intelligence level.

At Intelligence level - Thoughts are structuring the life, so individuals tend to control the thoughts.
At Awareness level - Life is already scripted by consciousness, so individual just witness the act of consciousness.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries