Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What is Chittam? 7 years 3 months ago #1690

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
We come across the terms Manas, buddhi, chittam and Ahankaram while going to our scriptures. Manas is Mind, Buddhi is Intelligence, Ahankaram is Ego and what can chittam be referred to as? Is it Awareness? Please clarify.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What is Chittam? 7 years 3 months ago #1694

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
Manas is Mind, Buddhi is Intelligence, Ahankaram is Ego and what can chittam be referred to as? Is it Awareness?
Yes in this context, Chitham is awareness. Ego is false identity of Awareness (mirror image).

Elsewhere Chitham is also used for memory , even for mind and Buddhi too. Like other language, Sanskrit also has Homonyms . So the same word chitham gets different meaning according to context. Here it is Awareness.

What is Chittam? 7 years 3 months ago #1695

Thank you.
Can we say Awareness as jeevatma i.e. The Consciousness in manifested form as an individual?

What is Chittam? 7 years 3 months ago #1696

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
While doing the Meditation, when we say " I am that supreme consciousness which is the state of supreme bliss" or " So Aham" or any such wordings, Who is the One saying this?

According to uni5 five views, the "I" could be the Ego in reference to the body, or Ego in reference to Mind or Ego in reference to intelligence.

When the Awareness refers to itself as "I" the Awareness, then it is not Ego, but pure Awareness. When even that "I" melts away, it is the Pure Consciousness.

Is it the"I" thought repeatedly saying this so as to reduce the thoughts of Ego and just the Self remains?
The "I" the Ego comes all that time, because of its habits for thousands of birth. This nature (Vaasana) will go away through three means:
1. Karma (Selfless action)
2. Gnana (un-biased thinking)
3. Bhakthi (unconditional love)

Please refer the Uni5 chart .

It is a process of living that helps all the three possible. Every life-time moment is a preparation for integrating the above three aspect.

Last edit: by Uni5.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries