• Page:

TOPIC:

Making sense of Uni5 from other traditions 6 years 10 months ago #1786

• Uni5
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
I kindly ask you to read these pages when you have time. It is about guru Nisargadatta Maharaj, the first one is taken from the book where his conversations compiled. The second one written by someone about his understanding about what Maharaj means by consciousness and awareness. I want you to read them and tell me if your views are same or different.
http://www.inner-quest.org/Nisargadatta_Awareness.htm

http://www.prahlad.org/disciples/premananda/essays/NISARGADATTA%20CONSCIOUSNESS%20AND%20AWARENESS.htm

How can Truth be different from two people. Then it is not Truth. Truth cannot contradict. Yes the Uni5 concept and Nisarga Maharaj Truth is one and the same. The terms are only used differently.

The person who translated Maharaj's Marathi/Hindi language for what he meant as Awareness and Consciousness are interchanged.

in Uni5 we use the word "Consciousness", based on the root word "Con", which means embracing all. This is unfortunately translated as Awareness in that web site. Same is the case with the Uni5 Awareness is referred as Consciousness by the translator.

No big deal, it is the implied meanign that is important.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Making sense of Uni5 from other traditions 6 years 10 months ago #1787

• Uni5
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
About a month ago or so, I was in deep trouble with lots of thoughts and some disturbing revelations. In short I was questioning the truth, but I started to feel fear about the Truth. The thing is, when we ask for the truth from the perspective of Ego, we are not really asking for the truth, we just hope to hear what we want to hear. But the truth might not be what we expect.

This is where it gets complicated. Hope effects my perception, thinking and the outcome, to some degree. In koran says that, "Only kafirs (illusioned ones/unfaithful) give up hope from the mercy of Allah". And traditional islam has a basic teaching that, keeping a balance in fear and hope.

Anyway, this is another subject…

So, I was in a state of seeking for the truth, and experiencing a fear at the same time. I remembered a verse from the qoran, it is basically something like that, "If you ask a question while we reveal the quran, it is explained, so, do not ask if you do not want to get an answer".

The fear, the anxiety started to increase, normally I take my medication in those times… I think i did take my medication, and i decided watch a movie to get some relief. There are lots of movies i just downloaded and never watched, so i checked them. I didn't want to watch a action/thriller which might cause more anxiety so there was a comedy movie, Men In Black 3. I thought a funny movie could help.

I started the watch the move, and just about the beginning 5-10 minutes of the movie, one of the main characters of the movie told the other this : "Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to".

And after then I understand that, the whole movie is based of this sentence.

This is not coincidence. This is not random. This is what could easily called a divine intervention. BUT, skipping the divine part, which was the intervention? My questioning the reality? My thoughts which resulted experience of fear? My recall of koran verse? My choice of movie? Is filming of the movie also a part of the intervention?

Or maybe the whole life is an intervention, maybe predestined, or planned… How can I know, or do I really want to know?

All these experiences is explained in the reply below.
Do you have an idea?

Making sense of Uni5 from other traditions 6 years 10 months ago #1788

• Uni5
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The divine God which you call, I call as Consciousness (Nisargadatta's translator calls Awareness) is our real nature.

From this Consciousness, with a feeling of "I", I converted the Consciousness to Awareness-Energy. Now I want to experience the "I-Awareness-Energy" in a specific form (body), which can function in an organized way(intelligence) as well as express likes and dislikes (Mind).

The above is the story of every human being.

One major understanding that we dont have is that, every thing is vibrating back and forth to Consciousness state.

Everybody is manifesting their own likes and dis-likes and when with sufficient Energy, when the object of desire is manifested, some say , this is my creation...others says it is divine intervention.

So the divine intervention, is our own intervention when we transcend to the Consciousness state and come back to that understand. In on the way back, if we give that credit to our Ego, we say , it is "My" intervention.

All that we experience in our life is all our own creation spending our own SAL Energy (Self-Awareness-Life Energy).

All saints who do miracles are also their own SAL Energy. To know more read about SAL energy or listen to talks on miracles in the link Talks on Selftual.

Making sense of Uni5 from other traditions 6 years 10 months ago #1789

• Uni5
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
So? Do you mean that, these experiences are illusions created by mind? And not real?

First we have to understand the words Illusion and real. http://uni5.co/index.php/en/vedic-science2/creation.html

If you dont understand, we will discuss more.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries