Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Right way of Meditation 6 years 1 month ago #1907

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Meditation is a technique for thought observation (see the most simplest guided Uni5 meditation ). However meditation alone cannot help because when we get up from it, we enter into the world of continuous waves in the day to day life. In other words, just watching cricket alone will not help, we have to apply the observation in the cricket field.

Your challenging key question is how to think the thoughts we want to?. You will understand the mind is a stream of thoughts of your "likes and dislikes". Every thought in us is a thought of like or dislike of an object ( including a person) or a situation in space and time constraint.

From the Uni5 pattern system we logically know that intelligence have higher power to manage the thoughts. So perform all actions in life with the attitude (Bhaava) of duty rather than personal likes and dislikes. This is very challenging for the Ego mind, but actually rewards the human life with fulfillment, safety and security. This is called as Dharma.

But unfortunately modern life style is accelerating the whirlpool of likes of dislikes in us and we so ignore our duty to family, children, parents, relatives, friends, community, society, country and Universe at large. We are ignorantly living a life of Selfish-individuality-ness rather than being Selftual).

Where do we start?. We start always from us. Ask all the action we do to ourself is duty based or likes dislikes based?. Example, are we eating food as a duty to our body or based on what we like and dislike to eat.

Next we increase the radius of our Selftual circle to our family and to the universe and do actions with duty based nature rather than out of selfishness. We ought to observe on what basis we are doing our actions. Is it a duty based or a like-dislike driven action. This observation is the real practical meditation.

The eyes closed sitting meditation is a mock-model-symbolic of the practical meditation. Every sadly, we have taken the symbolic to the "real-one". We should not be doing only the symbolic, but also get it applied in the field of every day life.

When the likes and dislikes driven actions are reduced and duty-driven actions are increased, we slowly get the reins into your hands to control the horse-power-mind.

The Uni5 finger model can easily help us both understand and remind us this exercise. It goes in a step wise logical pattern.

1. In the Uni5 pattern, the little (body) finger represents the actions we perform with our sensorial body.......

2. higher is the ring (mind) finger.....which means you observe your mind and also change your emotion (Bhaava) from like-dislikes to duty-attitude in performing actions.

3. higher is the middle (intelligence) finger......this means you gain control of what you want to think and what not to think....you get to exercise the control.

4. Higher is the fore-finger, the "I" finger....this means slowly you de-clutch yourself from the doer-ship. Only here the "I" or Ego starts to weaken.

5. The absolute Truth is the thumb finger.......this means you have dissolved your individuality and so you are not limited or constrained in a thought-whirlpool but the mighty ocean. This is Moksha or Salvation.

The dissolving the individuality to the absolute Truth (or God) is shown in the Uni5 logo, the objective of human life, to be in the Eternal un-conditional love or happiness.

Guru Poorinma wishes to all.
The above are from the forth coming book - Universal Selftual Pattern .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Uni5.

Right way of Meditation 6 years 1 month ago #1908

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
Sometimes, a few thoughts which are of very least importance simply arise or the mind recollects the just happened events. For example, a conversation with a maid servant etc.
Please guide on how can we avoid wasting our energy in such silly thoughts where our likes and dislikes are not at all involved?

Dont worry about these small silly thoughts. Observing it and then telling yourself that recollecting these are of no use. Overtime these will not arise. When the mind has higher goals and plans these likes and dislikes will lose its importance.

You have asked a very practical question. Suppose you want to learn cricket....first step is to watch how it is played. If you observe how the ball is thrown and hit, you get an idea of the game. Then you get into the field to practically learn and be a master batsman or bowler in the game.

Similarly, we have to first observe our thoughts. We have lived thousands of lives, being in the whirlpool of thoughts. The whirlpool of thoughts have been sailing our boat all the time. Now observe the whirlpool for some time. We understand how it comes and where it comes. Then we can master to handle the thoughts.

Right way of Meditation 6 years 1 month ago #1909

• Uni5
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
After meditation my Ego springs into action and I get a feeling that I did it. This is a starting point of disagreement between my Ego and the observer in me. Have been searching for answers for my confused state.
The Ego (shadow) thinks it is the doer of actions. See analogy of Ego and shadow here .

You have to deepen this witnessing that your Ego wants to steal the show. Thats okay. But be happy that you are witnessing it. Not many even can witness they have even Ego. So there is an improvement in you, that is, from no knowing you have Ego, you have evolved to know you have ego, from there you are also able to witness it. So keep witnessing it to make the next stage.

How do I practice more to be in the state of reduced thoughts or absolute thoughtlessness as i feel it as a feeling that is comparable to a you in the bottom of the ocean.

Witnessing the above for extended period of time, even in normal activities will lead to what you desire of reduced thoughts. This means it is easy to witness Ego during meditation. If you can witness it always, then you lead to less agitations and confusions and later will help to reduce thoughts.

Whenever I hear, think or practice or try to focus about the consciousness I get a slight jerk kind of subtle movement in my body. I use to get this from my childhood, once in a blue moon and for the past few weeks I am getting it very often, at least few times in a session. I am not sure what it is and would like to know the same.
These are the one of the few body symptoms you experience in this journey. Dont pay too much attention of it as bad or good. Continue with your practice and these symptoms will go off and new symptoms appear Dont get distracted with any symptoms, because it may strengthen your Ego.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries